Monday, July 2, 2018

What I get to do

 

I get to do anything I want, if Judy doesn’t say no.

 

Today I wanted to go check out my high-altitude stamina.  I said I wanted to go to Echo Lake.  Judy didn’t say no.  And she drove.

 

What we found:  Standing on level ground at 10,000 feet is a lot like running on a treadmill as fast as I can.  We spent an hour and a half there; exactly what I wanted to do.  Most of our time was spent at picnic tables and benches, just enjoying the scenery, but we walked around a little too.  By the time we headed back to the car I was really puffing.  This was a nice thing to do, but we probably won’t do it again right away.  If previous patterns hold, tomorrow will be a rest-up day after a big-exertion day today.

 

Judy did a great job and got us scheduled for all the medical appointments we need this week.  Tuesday is the evaluation for cardiac rehab.  Thursday is the four-week follow-up with the cardiac surgeon.  Friday is the pre-surgical consult for the next lithotripsy surgery the week after.  We’ll just keep hammering away at everything medical until we’re done.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment