Friday, June 8, 2018

Wow! What a ride!

 

I thought I was awesome.  Then I wasn’t.  Then I thought I was again.  Then I wasn’t.  I guess what matters most is that the hospital team was awesome.  They opened me up, rearranged the plumbing in my heart, and closed me back up.  In between the stress test and the follow-up visit with the cardiologist, while I still though I was cool, we took the following day off and drove up into the high country, took a couple walks around mountain lakes, and I got attacked by an elk.  I didn’t actually get trampled, but not for lack of motivation on the elk’s part.

 

The surgical team took one day to put in all the wires, drains, tubes, and lines they wanted.  The rest of the week was a gradual process of getting them all pulled back out of me.  Some of that was pretty creepy.  The last came out today and here we are, sitting in a hotel room, totally free of the hospital, moving along at a careful pace for now, and looking forward to an uninterrupted night’s sleep.

 

We’ve been looking at the long straight incision in my chest, thinking maybe I need a superhero name, but it would have to begin with an “I”.  The more I think about it though, I think maybe we should read the first letter as a lower case “l” and go with “Captain lucky”!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment