Friday, June 1, 2018

I want a chocolate malt

 

And a pizza.  OMG, I think they might have made me pregnant!

 

We did the cath lab thing.  They went in though the wrist and not the groin, which is good.  Once they got inside though, they saw more than they wanted to see.  I’m not a good candidate for stents.  I’ve got blockages in major arteries that have already been stented, and blockages farther downstream that they can’t reach to stent.  (They’re saying this to the guy who just ripped up the treadmill test!)  I was in and out of the cath lab in 45 minutes.  They sent us home.

 

Plan B.  We go back again on Monday to a slightly different department, and they crack me open for quintuple bypass surgery.  They’re going to totally bypass all three major arteries plus two smaller ones with veins from my legs.  It will be an all-day operation.  Recovery will take longer than we previously expected.  We’re not leaving here next Thursday as planned.  I won’t be able to drive the bus again for six weeks while my sternum heals.

 

There aren’t any decent motorhome parks around and there is a two-week limit at state parks.  Even if we could find a spot for the motorhome at a state park, I won’t be in shape two weeks after surgery to move the bus again.  No worries.  We’re making plans to put the bus in storage and move into an extended stay hotel.  We have Becky and family here to help us through.  Life is still a delight.

 

1 comment:

  1. Damn. I am at a loss for words. Certainly Mary and I thoughts are with you and Judy. Speedy recovery my friend

    ReplyDelete