Sunday, April 29, 2018

We needed to solder two wires together

 

I looked for the soldering iron and found it right where I thought it would be.  Not only that, the resin-core solder was right there with it.  Excellent.  The tip of the soldering iron was bent; it hasn’t been used lately; but not bent so much I couldn’t straighten it with my hands.

 

I heated up the soldering iron, put the two wires together, held the soldering iron to them, touched the other side of the wires with the solder, and…..  ..nothing.  I tried and tried, and just couldn’t melt the solder. 

 

I looked at the soldering iron.  It was from Radio Shack!  When’s the last time you bought anything at Radio Shack?  I’m thinking this came from Broomfield, Colorado in the 1970s.

 

I went to Lowe’s and bought a new one.  Problem solved.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment