Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The time zone change got me

 

I set the alarm for seven and got up when it went off.  Judy was a little slower to wake up.  We were up for an hour, drinking coffee in the windshield, wondering why no-one else in the park was up, when I finally looked at a clock in the front room and discovered my mistake.  When we crossed back into Central Time the day before, we reset all the clocks except the one we wake up by.  It’s not like I didn’t mean to reset that one; that’s my job.  As we were going to bed, I picked it up to reset it, discovered it was dead, found the right plug-in to recharge it, brought it back to life, set it for seven, and went to sleep.  I got a little distracted and missed one little step.

 

We’re at Elk Rock State Park on Lake Red Rock, southeast of Des Moines.

 

2017 summer trip map

 

The campground loop has 21 spaces.  We took one and that left the other 20 spaces open.  This is a very nice yard to have to ourselves.

 

 

 

 

Warm and comfortable outside.  A campfire later.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment