Friday, May 5, 2017

Darn it!

 

We were headed for Panama City Beach today to meet up with John and Jo; friends since we were all young.  John and I used to sit together and watch our kids at wrestling practice when they were single digit ages.  When we called to get a camp spot at Panama City Beach, we were informed it was Thunder on the Beach Week; all the RV sites had been booked up for months in advance, for miles up and down the coast.  There is no way we were going to get a camp site.  In fact we probably wouldn’t even be able to drive down the street for all the motorcycles!  With no place to stay anywhere along the coast, it was going to be impossible to see them.

 

Except!  We found an RV site in Marianna, right close to the interstate, well away from the beach, and John and Jo drove an hour north to meet us for dinner!  Yeaa for good friends like that!  A few days ago, when we unexpectedly met with Jim and Cathy, I totally forgot to take a picture.  This time I got us all as soon as they walked in the door so I wouldn’t forget.

 

2017 summer trip map

(Okay.  Every time I make a new map, it defaults to Private.  All I have to do is change the setting to Public.  How hard could that be?  I do it every time; every time someone reminds me to do it, and I’ve done it again.  The trip map is set to Public now.)

 

Alliance Hill RV Resort.  It appears that someone turned their old ranch on a hill into an RV resort.  The spots are nice, concrete slabs and 50 amp full-hookups, swimming pool, clubhouse, dog park, and walking trails.  The owner couldn’t be friendlier or more helpful.  It has a local charm.  It’s nine miles off the freeway, but well worth the extra few minutes.

 

Not only did we get a good RV Spot, but the owner recommended The Wharf Casual Seafood for dinner.  We met John and Jo there.  The food was wonderful and the staff was great.

 

I think I’ve run out of superlatives.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment