Sunday, April 16, 2017

The doctor may have been right

 

I’m taking the antibiotics and I *am* feeling better.  I’ve got a little appetite and the weight free-fall has stabilized.  I wouldn’t mind continuing to weigh in the 150s, but I’ll probably gain my weight back now that I’m eating again.

 

In fact, I felt better enough yesterday to tackle a small motorhome project.  I had gotten the wrong bay door pistons that hold up a couple of the outside bay doors when I open them.  The pistons were way too stiff, and I could hardly get the doors closed.  I had ordered new ones, but they didn’t get delivered before we left on our Arizona trip, so they’ve just been sitting here at the house waiting to get installed.  All I had to do was figure out how the end-clips worked.  I had heard it was easy.

 

It didn’t take long before I was stumped.  I could almost see how the clip worked, but I couldn’t figure out how to make it stay open.  I’m an analytical guy though, and I don’t stay stumped for long.  I knew exactly what to do in a situation like this.  I called my brother Tom.

 

Tom knew.  He explained how the latch worked.  I was trying to figure it out by looking at the new piston that wasn’t already attached to the door, and figure out how to get the latch to stay open, but it turns out that one doesn’t even need to be opened.  All a person has to do is get the spring-loaded snap on the old piston to open just enough to allow the end fitting to snap off the ball it’s mounted to.  Once the old piston is off, the new piston just pops on, no problem.

 

So, mission accomplished.  I did something.

 

Now I’m working on getting all the bugs scrubbed off the front of the bus.  If you get them at the end of every day, while they’re still soft, they come right off with a soft brush and a bucket of water.  We came back from our last trip, parked the bus, and just collapsed though, so now a couple weeks later the bugs have “matured”, and are immune to the soft brush and water.  They come off one at a time with a non-abrasive scrubber and a bucket of water.  It’s not one for one; one scrub, one bug either.  One bug at a time, and maybe many scrubs for each bug.  A significant time investment.  Lesson learned.  Again.  No matter what, scrub the bugs off every day or pay the price.

 

The house is habitable again so we moved back in last night.  That whole experience was so terrible.  The pest control guy is so enthusiastic that he had to describe every step.  When he came out with fifteen pounds of possum in a bag, he announced that as bad as it smelled, he figured the whole possum would be liquefied, but it was only dripping from the anus.  AAAGGGHHH.  “Did we want to see it?”  AAAAGGGHHHH GAG GAG GAG.

 

No thank you, please.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment