Monday, June 6, 2016

I could be a zero

 

For weeks, I’ve been reduced to describing myself as a number.  How’m I doing?  About a five.  Sometimes a one or two.  Sometimes an eight.  For weeks, I’ve been known by my kidney stone pain level.  A one or two; I can function through that.  A five; that’s downright uncomfortable.  An eight; it’s time for narcotics and a heating pad.

 

The pain level has gradually dropped off over the last several days.  I haven’t been above a one since last week.  It hasn’t hurt at all today.  I’ve been a zero all day, and I’m fine with that.

 

There is no way to be sure the stone is really gone, unless I go back in for another cat scan; but why would I go in for a cat scan if nothing hurts?  If I can continue to be a zero for the next few days….

 

It might be time to say goodbye to my little friend.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment