Sunday, December 6, 2015

I'm rubber and you're glue

 

Everything …… 

 

I forget how the rest of that goes.

 

I’m in the recliner chair watching football.  I can’t work the lever with my right arm to get up and down, I have to ask for Judy’s help each time.  Instead of asking to get up, I asked her to get me a particular pillow off the couch the next time she got up.  She got up right away and headed off to that end of the couch.  On her way there, she noticed the flowers on the table at the end of the couch needed to be turned, so she adjusted the vase.  Leaning over the flowers she saw that the afternoon sun was coming in through the window and would soon shine on the television set so she adjusted the blinds.  There was an empty coffee cup on the end table so she headed off to the kitchen with that, from where she announced that she had decided to take an early shower.  I asked if she’d get me the pillow first.

 

Well, some of us thought that was pretty funny.

 

A couple hours later, Judy let me down off the recliner so I could go about my business.  I put away an empty coffee cup myself.  I got a warmer shirt from the bedroom.  I stopped in the kitchen and got a cold pack out of the freezer to put on my shoulder.  I put down the ice pack so I could put on the shirt.  I put a fresh cup of coffee on to brew.  We had been listening to the Bronco game on the computer in the front room, so I had to relocate the computer to the office.  Judy helped me get it plugged in.  I sat down in front of the computer and started typing.  A few minutes later, Judy walked in the room with my shoulder ice pack (which I had totally forgotten) in her hand. 

 

Some of us thought that was pretty funny.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment