Monday, November 23, 2015

Day Five

 

The bandaging came off.  Not much going on with the front of the neck; just an incision slightly off to one side, held together by steri-strips.  The back of the neck is considerably more impressive, with metal staples all down the back of it like some reptilian Star Wars creature.

 

The weight is falling off, same as last time.  Before surgery I was at 165 pounds.  I’m down to 158 so far, all the while eating anything I want.  I’m writing the weight-loss infomercial in my head.  “7 pounds in 7 days.  Guaranteed.”  (I’m actually losing a little faster than that, so I’ve got room to promise, then over-deliver.)  This program is inconvenient and a little expensive, but if you’ve got good health insurance, they’ll cover it all.  The weight loss will taper off soon and after another week or so, I’ll be able to guarantee that the weight will also come right back.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment