Saturday, August 22, 2015

I walked down the hill to the park

 

It wasn’t far.  There is a parking area on the street just outside the park and I got caught up in a little traffic there; three cars I had to wait for, but after a moment of shuffling, everyone was settled and I proceeded on a trail that was an out and back.  When I got back to the parking lot, I wasn’t through with my walk, but I saw the tan minivan and thought “I don’t remember locking the doors.”  I always do lock them, at least by reflex, but since I couldn’t specifically remember them going “click”, and in the spirit better safe than sorry, I diverted over to the car to lock it.  When I got there I realized the car I had just walked to was not a tan minivan, it was a tan Jeep.  An easy mistake for me to make because we had a tan jeep for ten years before the minivan; but when I looked around, there was no minivan anywhere in sight.  What?  I left it unlocked and someone took it?

 

No.  Not exactly.  I didn’t lock the car because I didn’t drive a car to the park, I walked down the hill.  Oh yeah.

 

I continued my walk.  Oh, these golden years…

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment