Sunday, July 12, 2015

I got to drive the car!

 

I haven’t done that in months.  Judy had already taken over all the heavy lifting; hooking and unhooking the utilities on the motorhome; hooking and unhooking the car; getting the folding chairs out and putting them away again at each stop; anything that might be a strain for me.  I realized that turning my head to look both ways while driving the car was hurting my neck as well, so I even relinquished driving duties, and Judy cheerfully assumed them.  She has been doing pretty much everything since the end of April, two and a half months ago.  (It’s been okay for me to drive the bus because with all the mirrors and the rear-view camera, I hardly have to move my head at all.)

 

Finally, around the first of July, with all that rest, my neck actually started to feel a little better.  We gave it a couple more weeks, then I tried driving the car again yesterday.  It didn’t hurt!  It felt great!  We’ll continue to take it really easy to avoid any relapse, but it feels like my neck might eventually be fully functional again!

 

Judy says if I’m good I can drive again in another week or so.  Now how do I get Judy to relinquish all that control?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment