Sunday, April 5, 2015

Update

 

Okay, I missed a few cars.  There was the red ‘52 MG TC.  It had a fine exhaust note.  I forgot about that until reminded.

 

The 1934 Chevy coupe with a six-cylinder GMC truck engine I barely remember.  Dad claimed it was really fast; too fast.  I think he kept it offsite.

 

…a Studebaker wagon I don’t remember, but Brother Tom does.

 

The Cadillac convertible Dad got from Uncle Dick was a ’55.

 

..and the Karmann Ghia.

Judy and I drove that for a while after we got back from the Army.

 

I don’t remember the 1949 Ford.

 

But I do remember the Fraser.

I think we had that up to the time we left Seal Beach for Long Beach.

 

The Auburn dual cowl Phaeton in the driveway I just remember as a parts car.  It didn’t look anything like this.

I remember people joking that every one of Dad’s Auburns was the same color, brown; rust brown.

 

I had a 1932 Ford, 2 door sedan I was working on as a teenager.  I rebuilt a Chevy V-8, for it, but got distracted and left for the Army before I got the engine installed.

I still love the lines of that car.

 

And there was a 1955 Chevy I got from Brother Tom that I drove.

Those were the two cars of my youth; a Ford I didn’t drive and a Chevy I did.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment