Thursday, April 30, 2015

Morning light

 

 

The park is back to normal; except we have more mosquitos than usual; the aftermath of wet weather.

 

Judy and I are packing.  Well, Judy is packing.  She’s doing all the heavy lifting.  I’m working at the office in Denver (by way of the computer), and helping her check things off the packing list.

 

Did I describe my last visit with the neck doctor?  I was good for six weeks; stayed in the rack and did just what the doctor told me.  After that, I went back to my normal life.  Turns out that was a little too much too soon.  The x-ray last week shows I broke a screw and one of the fusions hasn’t taken yet; too much motion.  The broken screw won’t be a problem.  It will stay where it is if we can get that last fusion to take.  But now it’s official anyway:  I have a screw loose, and we have the evidence to prove it.

 

And I’m determined to be better.  No running.  No lifting.  No repetitive motions (no flyfishing this summer).  We want this whole *fusion* thing to finish.  Judy is doing all the heavy work for at least the next four months.  The problem isn’t getting her to do it, she of course, is being great.  It’s hard for me to let her.  She’s doing all the stuff I’m supposed to be doing.

 

We’re leaving on Saturday(ish) for our summer trip to Colorado and beyond.  We’ll attend Granddaughter Taylor’s college graduation from CSU in Fort Collins.  We’ll spend a couple weeks in Colorado with the kids, then move west to Oregon for a visit with Jeff and Carol in early July.  Then we’ll loop around the Pacific Northwest for the Family Reunion in late July; hoping for a close encounter with a tufted puffin along the way.  No plans after that except to work our way back to South Texas while it’s still hot and sweaty.  Last year we stayed here until August before we did a trip and really enjoyed it.  This year, we’re leaving just as the weather is getting really nice and warm.  We want to get back before it cools off here completely.

 

With any luck, we (Judy) will have the bus pretty much ready to go by tomorrow night.  We can put computers and toothbrushes in on Saturday morning, after coffee, and be good to go.  My trip reports might actually have something to do with trips again soon.

 

Life on the road…

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment