Monday, March 2, 2015

Free at last!

 

Tomorrow, Tuesday, was to be the big the day.  Six weeks from the surgery date.  No more neck brace.  I can drive again.

 

We didn’t wait until Tuesday.  Sunday is the day I declared my freedom.  I took off the rack.

 

In the rack is uncomfortable.  Out of the rack is comfortable.  We went for a drive (I drove).  We birded for a couple hours, drove some more, then birded some more.  It felt awesome.

 

We’re still careful; I won’t do any heavy lifting or strenuous exercising until after the 3 month mark, but we’re through with the neck brace.  I haven’t tested the limits of motion, I’m not going to do anything extreme, but left and right feels pretty good.  Up and down is a little more difficult, but I can look up and down all I need to see birds so I’m good.

 

The scar is kind of lumpy, but no big deal.  (It’s a little hard to shave around.)

 

Besides, I hear chicks dig scars.

 

It doesn’t hurt.  Nothing hurts.  This is great.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment