Tuesday, February 17, 2015

We got a twofer

 

Judy and me both taken care of on the same day.  It involved an early drive north to Corpus, Judy’s pre-surgical check-in (lots of paperwork, blood test, chest x-ray, and ekg) for her knee (which happens in two weeks, the day after I’m cleared to drive), fish, shrimp, and hush puppies at Snoopy’s for lunch, my follow-up appointment with the neck surgeon (I’m doing great), back to the other office to finish Judy’s pre-surgical check-in, and drove off for home at 4:30 exactly.  Our timing was perfect to arrive home just as it was getting too dark for Judy to be able to see to drive.  I don’t drive at all right now.  She doesn’t drive at night.  Timing is everything.

 

I’m doing great; I don’t see the neck surgeon for another follow-up for another two months.  I get to try sleeping without the neck brace, but otherwise I’m instructed to keep it on for a few more weeks.  Nothing new with Judy, we’re still trying to fit in that same knee repair we’ve been talking about for months now.  We’re determined to get it done on schedule now in early March.

 

A long day, with much shuffling about from office to office, but a productive day.  A good investment in our continuing health.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment