Thursday, January 8, 2015

I've got good walking shoes

 

Cargo pants hold all the supplies I need to carry. Binocular straps distribute the weight of the binoculars across my shoulders and back.  T-shirt and hat complete the outfit.  I’ve got everything I need….except a good way to carry my camera.

 

My right front pocket serves as a camera holster.  It’s deep enough.  That works, it’s secure, but on long walks something that bulky interferes with the path of my right arm swing in a normal walking motion.  I can hang the strap over my left shoulder, but then the left hand has to stay on the strap to keep it from slipping off.  I can hang the strap diagonally across my chest and back.  I like this best because I can let go of either the camera or binoculars to use the other, without the one I’m not using falling to the ground; but the diagonal strap method leaves the camera under my left arm interfering with arm swing, on my back bouncing against my kidneys as I walk, or in front tangling up with the binocular straps when I put down one to use the other.  I need an innovative solution.  Something within reach, securing the binoculars and camera, without each interfering with the other.  I need an elegant solution.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment