Tuesday, July 8, 2014

It makes Judy a little nervous

 

…when I walk the places I like to walk.  For me, the more remote the better.  If I don’t see another car or person, best yet.  The heart issues I’ve had never leave Judy’s head though.  It bothers her when I disappear off the face of the earth until I reappear and check-in hours later.

 

Well, there’s an app for that.  It’s called Glympse.  When I hit the trailhead, I turn on Glympse, set it for how many hours I want it to run, and send a notice to Judy.  Any time she wants, she can click on that link (on her phone) and see where I am and tell whether I’m still walking or not.  If she ever needed to tell someone where I was to go fetch me, she knows where the car is parked and exactly where I am.

 

It’s a little Big Brotherish, but I don’t mind.  It provides a level of comfort to Judy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment