Sunday, June 8, 2014

Hayfever

 

I used to get hayfever every spring in Colorado.  It got worst in early June.  That has never been a problem here in Texas…  …until this year.  The hayfever has been going crazy on me the last few days.

 

We saw something on the news that may be a contributing factor.  The weather report referred to less-than-perfect visibility.  We hadn’t noticed.  The visibility culprit?  African dust.  A dust storm in the Sahara put enough dirt into the air that it has drifted across the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico to affect us.  I wonder if that’s the unusual thing I’m reacting to; dust from Africa.  That would explain why it’s a problem now and never has been before.

 

Or, I suppose, my hayfever *could* have to do with the endless fields of sorghum in full bloom all around us.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment