Sunday, June 22, 2014

Chiggers

 

…are a figment of my imagination.

 

We are definitely into chigger season.  We’ve got summer weather; it has been in the high nineties every day.  Every overnight low is 78 degrees, except when it’s 80.  It is definitely chigger weather.  I have been walking through tall grass; bite free.  It was on Friday that I made my fateful observation, that in spite of all these circumstances, not a single chigger bite.  I didn’t walk in chigger habitat at all on Friday; we drove all day.  Saturday morning I noticed the first bumps.  By afternoon, I had serious itchy chigger bites from my ankles to my knees.

 

Where did they come from?  Not from tall grass; I wasn’t in any.  I never had a bite until I said something.  Chiggers didn’t exist until I thought about them.  Chiggers are a figment of my imagination.  I proved it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment