Sunday, December 29, 2013

Mystery Solved!

 

The air conditioning is fully functioning again.  Of all the possible causes of icing-up: thermostat, compressor, obstructed airflow, low coolant, it took me all this time to discover the most obvious one.  We were gone for months.  Somehow, I just forgot to change the filter when we got back.  The filter was dirty and restricting airflow.  I put a new filter in.  Proper airflow restored.  We can sleep at any temperature we choose again.  We didn’t have to change our ways after-all.

 

I feel like a bit of a bonehead though.  Should I take any solace in the fact that it didn’t occur to any of the trained professionals to check the filter?  I don’t think so.  They probably thought it was too obvious to even ask the question.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment