Saturday, October 26, 2013

I'm surprised

 

I was prepared to complain that my legs hurt this morning, but I didn’t get to.  They felt fine.  That hot soak yesterday evening must have done its job.

 

Up at 5.  Gone by 6.  On the trail before 7. Just starting to get daylight.  Definitely an earlier start than yesterday.  Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge.  A nice loop tour road that doesn’t allow cars anymore.  A solitary walk; all to myself except for two runners going the other way.  An exchange of waves and they were gone.  We crossed paths twice on the loop.  We greeted each other like old friends the second time.  A shadier walk than yesterday.

 

My marathon was done by 11am.  My previous record: 74 hours.  Today, a new personal best:  26.2 miles in 26 hours and 39 minutes, over the course of 2 days.  That works out to just under 1 mile per hour, but a lot of that time was spent sleeping.  I won’t get a medal for finishing the fastest, but maybe I should get a ribbon for most improved.  In a race where the fastest runners complete it in just over 2 hours, how many people can say they improved their personal best time by 48 hours; 2 days?!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment