Thursday, February 14, 2013

Parrots

 

We went on a parrot quest, and I got stung in the face.

 

I wasn’t stung by a parrot.  The sting actually came first.  Judy left a partially full coke bottle unattended.  I discovered it and took a drink.  I realized there was a problem when the coke in my mouth started to wiggle.  The coke and the bee all ended up on the floor, but not before the bee left a stinger in my lip from the inside.  I guess I’m not allergic to bee stings.  My throat didn’t swell up.  It didn’t get hard to breath or anything.  I got the stinger out (shortly after the bee), and the burning did subside after a while.  It left my face kind of numb though; kind of like I’ve been to an evil dentist.  I think my mustache does a good job of hiding the swollen lip, so maybe no-one will ever even know I got stung in the face.

 

 

The result of our parroting was more positive.  We drove to Brownsville at dusk and watched a few hundred Red-crowned Parrots fly in to their roost.

 

It was kind of late when they started, so a lot of my pictures were more like silhouettes.

 

We were able to pick out a few White-fronted

 

Red-lored (you can tell they’re red-lored by the yellow on their faces)

 

 

and Yellow-headed as well.

 

And one Green Parakeet.

You can tell it’s a parakeet by the long tail.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment