Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I do the heavy lifting

 

Judy buys stuff.  I carry it.

 

She came home with something really heavy.  She got help from the store loading it in the car.  She suggested I get someone to help me get it in the house.  Yeah.  Right.

 

I was careful with it.  I tipped the case up on its end in the back of the Jeep, got down low and rocked it up onto my shoulder.  I staggered up the stairs with it and put it inside.

 

Judy asked how much I thought the box weighed.  I volunteered that it probably only weighed twenty pounds, knowing that she would be impressed when she eventually found out how much it really weighed.  It was disappointing a little later though when I peeked at the weight stamped on the outside and saw that it really did only weigh twenty pounds!

 

Reality sucks.

 

I do the heavy lifting, but now only if it’s not really heavy.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment