Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A new world's record!

 

The world’s fastest kidney stone.

 

Sitting outside with Jeff and Carol, it was time to get up for dinner.  I just had time to say “Ouch.  That’s quite a gas bubble” as I stood up, before the waves of searing pain hit my right kidney.  Five minutes later, to my surprise and great delight, the pain shifted to a burning in my bladder.  The stone had already moved that far.  That has to be some kind of record!  It was at least a personal best.

 

From the first moment I could drink, I pounded fluids nonstop to make sure everything kept moving.  An hour later I was eating dinner.  Some cranberry juice the next day helped soothe the last of the discomfort.

 

If a person has to have a kidney stone, that is surely the way to do it.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment