Wednesday, July 18, 2012

TV Ears

 

We went to the Audiologist.  I thought I couldn’t hear high pitches anymore but that’s not true.  I can hear them, but not at realistic levels.  That’s why I can hear the sound of a squeaky little bird on my Ipad, but can’t hear it when it happens in the wild.  Squeaky little birds don’t make the sound as loud as I can turn up my Ipad!

 

Judy is different.  One ear hears and the other tapers off.  Now I know which is the “good ear” to talk into.

 

Neither one of us can sort out dialog on the television anymore.  The audiologist could have prescribed hearing aids for each of us, but said if our only day-to-day problem was understanding what was said on television, we should just buy some TV Ears, as seen on the infomercials.  She says that will work as well as hearing aids.

 

I guess we’ll sit in our recliner chairs wearing our TV Ears, smiling at the television, and clapping for the lights to go on and off.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment