Saturday, June 16, 2012

We're back at Gulf Waters

 

Where we could get in trouble for skinny-dipping in the pool.

 

Walked at Wilson’s cut this evening.  Drove out through the mudflats to the exact mudhole that captured the Jeep about a year ago.

 

I took the line to the left back then.

 

I should have gone right.  I can tell you that the line to the left includes a submerged post that brings even a losing effort to a sudden halt.

 

I decided this was the perfect spot to turn the Jeep around, park, and begin my walk.  (It’s a good place to walk wearing water shoes.)  I walked out until the sun set,

 

which gave me thirty minutes of fading light to find my way back to the car.

 

Brown Pelican

Great Blue Heron

Great Egret

Little Blue Heron

White Ibis

Roseate Spoonbill

Wilson’s Plover

American Avocet

Willet

Long-billed Curlew

Laughing Gull

Gull-billed Tern

Black Tern

Forster’s Tern

Royal Tern

Sandwich Tern

Black Skimmer

Mourning Dove

Common Nighthawk

Barn Swallow

Red-winged Blackbird

Eastern Meadowlark

Great-tailed Grackle

 

A good walk.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment