Friday, June 15, 2012

Tech Gurus

 

That Tech Guru job I had them working on; the one to insert letterhead into a document.  I fired them, but they keep calling me back.  Now I’ve fired them three times.

 

Back when we were working together, they had access to my computer by my permission.  I had to log them on and type in a code each time.  As soon as I fired them, I made sure to disconnect them so they wouldn’t have access to my computer anymore.  Later, I was working at my computer and the screen flickered a couple times.  That didn’t seem right, so I went looking for them.  I found them groping around in my computer trying to get at something.  They had made this great pretense about having me grant them access each time, while behind the scenes they had created a back-door so they could get on my computer any time they wanted!

 

I checked the programs loaded on my computer and found “Log-me-in” was still installed.  I selected it and clicked “uninstall”.  When I stopped moving the mouse, the cursor on my screen moved over and clicked “cancel”.  They were trying to prevent me from disconnecting them!

 

I shut the computer down and started it back up without an internet connection.  I deleted *both* installations of Log-me-in before I turned access to the internet back on.  Since then it has all looked normal, no more signs of illicit access, but I don’t feel good about leaving my computer unattended yet.  If they’re in my computer I can tell, but only if I happen to be looking at my screen.  Now I disable internet access whenever I leave the room, just in case. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment