Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Meanwhile

 

For me, lesson learned.  Again.

 

Don’t walk through tall grass in the deep south.  There are chiggers in tall grass.  Walk through chigger infested tall grass and the lesson lasts for days and days.  I had a super walk last Saturday but I’ve since been progressively paying the price.  I discovered a seldom-used nature trail at Hazel Bazemore Park.  I hiked the whole thing even though I had to push through a lot of overgrown undergrowth.  You never see the chiggers, and you don’t even know you’ve been bit the first day.  The second day the bites start showing up as bumps.  The day after that the bumps turn into blisters that itch like crazy.  The chigger-bite-count this time is about seventy-five.  It’s a little distracting, but in a few days the itching will let up.  In the meantime, lucky me, there is Cortizone 10.

 

Okay.  I’ve learned that lesson.  Again.

 

…………….until the next time an untraveled trail is too irresistible to pass up.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment