Saturday, February 18, 2012

Looking up

 

Standing.  Looking up through binoculars.  Focused on that little bird high in the tree.  Shuffling about to get a better view; not taking my eyes off it.  I can’t quite get it.  Don’t know which kind of bird it is yet.  I realize I’m stamping my right foot.  Still trying to get the bird.  My right foot burns.  I’m wearing sandals.

 

I give up on the bird and look down at my foot.  Nothing unusual.  It still stings.  I put down my binoculars, take off my sunglasses, put on my reading glasses, bend over and take a close look at my burning foot.  Tiny tiny little ants.  While I was looking up, not where my feet were, I apparently spent some time standing on a fire-ant hill.

 

A can Off in my back pocket.  I spray bug repellant on my foot.  The ants leave.  My foot still burns.  It will for a few days.  I go back after the bird.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment