Sunday, July 31, 2011

There is no limit

 

There is no limit to what we can learn, my Grandson Conner and I.  Conner learned on *three* separate occasions not to run through the nettles or he’d have to pay the price later.  Me, I’m way beyond that with wearing shorts and walking through tall wet grass in search of birds in deep south Texas.  The grass is not a problem.  The chiggers are.  Little bugs you can’t see or feel climb onto your legs and make bites that turn into bumps and welts itching way beyond what a mosquito can produce.  With mosquitoes you get the occasional satisfaction of being able to smack one and sent it to an untimely end.  Chiggers?  No revenge.  Nothing to swat.  I do have evidence they were here though.

 

This is a lesson I won’t forget.  The day after the next time I go walking through tall wet grass in south Texas, I’ll remember this itching episode just like I now remember the last one.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment