Friday, February 4, 2011

Cabin Fever!

 

I got out of the house a little bit today.  As I did, I realized I hadn’t left the house in two days!  And it’s not a very big house; we’re still in the coach.  I didn’t even go out to run.  Each day I waited for Judy to go out on errands and I ran back and forth in the motorhome for half an hour.

 

So today, we moved some things over into the house.  It’s only about 50 yards from where the coach is parked.  How cool is that; to get to test-drive a neighborhood before you buy?  We really like this neighborhood.

 

Mike and Linda, at the house we’re buying, let us have a closet to store stuff in until they move out at the end of the month.  Judy has done some shopping the last couple days for kitchen gadgets and household supplies we’ll need when we move in.

 

It has been below freezing the last two nights, so we disconnected the fresh water hose.  We’ve been running off the tanks the last couple days and the hose has been lying on the ground on the north side of the coach frozen.  I dragged it out into the sun today to thaw, then hooked it back up to replenish the tank.  One more cold night and we’re done.  65 degrees projected for tomorrow.  We’re going to get way out of the house.  We haven’t birded in a week.  We’re heading for the south end of South Padre Island about eighty miles away.  We’ll go get some marine environment birds we haven’t seen for the year yet. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment