Monday, November 29, 2010

When Casey was here for a visit

We went paddling together. I paddled my traditional kayak. Casey brought this goofy new-fangled thing. It has wheels on top, pedals, and paddle wings underneath that flap back and forth. Hard to imagine any respectable paddler would drive something like that.

Here is how it looked to me most of the day:


I watched from behind, Casey cruising along effortlessly about twice as fast as I could go. What a cool new-fangled thing.


We explored a small bit of the channels and mudflats of the Laguna Madre. Rivers of fish swam right underneath us in the shallow water. Sometimes there were so many fish in such a hurry the water ahead of us was a boiling wave. The birds out there seemed unusually tame, allowing us to glide right by practically within reach.

It was a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment