Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Update

 

Remember my story about talking to the surgeon just before I went back into the Cath Lab?  I asked him to not only save me, but to make me better than I was before.  He did.  He put in a couple new stents, and he also opened up that collateral artery that had been blocked off by a stent the first time around.

 

I have better endurance now.  If I’m slow and careful, I can run a few comfortable miles on the beach; no chest pain.  Sea level.  No shoes.  It works.  It works well enough that I’ve started checking my measured mile times.  At first I was barely breaking 20 minutes.  Now, though, I’ve broken through the 10 minute barrier.  That’s not my long-distance I-could-do-this-all-day pace, just my one mile speed, but my last timed mile was 9:40.  That’s actually running, not just shuffling along!  I have my energy back!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment