Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Update

 

Damn, this thing is creepy.  The doctor did more cutting and cleaning out today, but there is also some healing going on.  It is simultaneously getting better and not getting better.  Today’s work should clear the path for improved improvement.  We want all of it to improve, not just parts of it.

 

Turns out I didn’t even get the baddest bacteria.  This didn’t culture out as MRSA staph; I grew a Vibrio species.  It’s not an easy thing to have, but there is a good chance of curing this one.

 

I’ve got the easy assignment for this whole thing.  I can barely even see where the problem is on the side of my lower leg.  All I have to do is what people tell me to do.  I don’t envy Judy her job.  She has turned into Home Nurse, changing packing and redressing the wound every day.  Of course she is doing a super job.

 

Physically, this is not that tough to tolerate.  I don’t have to take prescription pain medicine.  Today the doctor even cleared me for more vigorous exercise than easy walking.  I’m back on the Trikke.