Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cardiology update

Had a visit with the cardiologist. He says I’m doing fine. I shouldn’t worry about the blood pooling in my right foot. It’s just the blood coming from the lump in my calf. That lump in my calf is definitely not a blood clot. It’s probably just the result of a bump. With the blood thinner I’m on, the internal bleeding is no surprise. I bleed indefinitely inside or out. The swelling is on its way down, so it’s all better now.

One more month on the Plavix blood thinner and I’m done. I’ll get to be drug-free again. I probably won’t need so many band-aids either.

Otherwise, no change from last spring. “No change” means no improvement in overall energy or exercise capacity, but that’s not entirely bad. I still get to walk at full speed without chest pain. “No change” also means no new problems. That’s my monitor. In that regard, “no change” is a very good thing.