Thursday, October 23, 2008

Annie

That Annie can be such a pain. She starts the night at the foot of the bed or on the floor, but that’s not where she thinks she belongs. As soon as we fall asleep she works her way up toward the pillows. By the middle of the night Judy has a dog hat on. Once in a while I find Annie on my pillow in the middle of the night. I give her a poke. She doesn’t get down, but she will move from my pillow back to Judy’s pillow.

Except last night. Last night I woke up to Annie’s tail on my face. I brushed it away with my hand, but it fell back. I brushed it away again. Didn’t help. I reached out to give her a poke but she wasn’t there. Had to open my eyes to locate her. She was on the other side of Judy. That wasn’t Annie’s tail in my face, it was my own hair.

Oh. Nevermind.

I decided it was time for a haircut.