Sunday, December 9, 2007

Port aransas

Interesting side benefit to this fix-the-blood-supply-to-the-heart thing. Before the angioplasty, my blood pressure ran about 138 over 78, plus or minus a few points. Last night, my blood pressure was 106 over 68. Looks like they eliminated some back pressure. They put me back to where I was, or better. I’m wondering how much better. They told me to take it easy over the weekend, not because my heart needed rest, just to make sure the artery in my leg is healed. I’ve only made easy walks so far. Tomorrow I get to try a light jog.

There is a downside to all this. We had to cancel my annual haircut with Cynthia. Now we’ll have to decide whether to reschedule or just wait until next winter.

December is a great time to be here on Mustang Island. Turn off the air-conditioner in the morning, pull on some shorts, and step outside at seventy degrees. Coffee on the patio. A drive to goose island state park. Ferryboat. Pelicans. Dolphins. Shrimp for lunch at the boiling pot; they cover the table with butcher paper then pour your lunch out onto it. The Cowboys came back to win. Our Broncos won. We’re fifty degrees warmer than Denver. A good Sunday.