Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Medical follow-up

We’re all settled in where we intend to be for months. Now it’s time to do the cardiac follow-up. Saw the GP in the nearby town of Port Aransas (five miles away) today. Now we have a family doctor in town. He agrees, we’re probably talking artery blockage, so he has set us up with a cardiologist in Corpus Christi (only twenty miles away) tomorrow. This is not an emergency. I’m not having a heart attack. But it probably is time to get some work done.

We don’t know the extent of the work to be done yet. They’ll probably do an angiogram; slide a tube up through a vein in my leg and take a look at my heart from the inside. When they do that, everything else they might need to do just naturally follows while they’re already there. Decisions will be made on the fly. Judy already knows all my concerns and preferences.

I’m glad to get this taken care of now. My daily exercise has been slowed to a snail’s pace. This should get me back on the road again.

We’ll find out more tomorrow. I’ll report back.