Friday, November 23, 2007

Parker

I confused a few people. I’d better put the recent wine comment in context: Us, with an open wireless internet signal. Wine, the universal “thank-you”.

Regularly, someone next to us is so appreciative of the open internet signal that they want to do something nice for us in return. By far, the most frequent token of their appreciation is a bottle of wine.

The irony of the situation is that, even though I like wine (Judy doesn’t), I am a total wine-weenie (Remember, two glasses of Two-Buck-Chuck kicked my ass.)(Actually, one and a half glasses did the trick; I couldn’t make it through the second glass before I had to go lie down.). I can enjoy one glass of wine with dinner if I don’t plan on doing anything else that evening. Not a very efficient use of an entire bottle of wine; drink one glass and retire the remainder; but it’s the best I can do. Some of the wines I get are significantly better than the Two Buck Chuck, but no matter. One glass is my limit.