Friday, November 9, 2007

Jacumba

I’m really liking the way work is going. From the comfort of the desert wilderness we just did a job in Crested Butte Colorado. We love Crested Butte, but right now the temperature there is in the teens or single digits each night. Not a place we want to be in the coach in November. But the client has an August year-end, so this is the perfect time for them to get their work done. No phone available from here, but with email and fax it went well and finished up today, right on schedule.

We’ve already been exchanging the client data digitally between the coach and the office, but we made a couple improvements in the process this week. Earlier in the week we set up the offsite backup on the internet, so our daily work is protected. Data security at a minimal charge.

Today, we set up the online fax service. I have been able to scan and email anything to a client, but if they don’t have scanning capability they have had to fax their paper documents to the Denver office so Jamie could scan the faxes and email them to me. I haven’t been able to receive faxes because I’m not a stationary target. Traditional faxes want to go through a land-line. The internet fax service provides a toll-free fax number specifically for me, then forwards each fax to me as an email attachment. We just digitized one more step.

I like the way this is going.