Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Question

My daughter has a question I’m unable to answer. Any help?


From: Becky Alexander Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 9:30 PM
To: Steve Taylor
Subject: Question


So,

I've been doing a lot of walking at night lately, and I've noticed that as I'm walking through my neighborhood, on a two mile or so walk, I'll have an average of 3 or 4 streetlights go out as I walk under them. I've never thought that much about it - figured they were just flaky lights. However, two things happened recently that makes me wonder if it really is random. First, a friend of mine was telling me that her "husband puts out streetlights". If she's walking alone they stay lit, but if her husband is with her they go out. Second, I was walking along Isabelle Road last night, up where it is four lanes, and four of the big lights went out as I approached them. Each time, it happens when I'm around 5-10 yards away, and they will usually go back on right after I pass them. I was paying attention last night, and watching the lights for quite a distance ahead, and never saw one go out unless I was about to pass under it. These were big lights on a main road, and I think they're supposed to be fairly reliable. It wasn't every light either - two were in a row, and one earlier and one later.

So, why is this? Is it random? Do I give off "dark rays"? Would any of your friends know? Am I lying to get attention?

Have a good night.

Love,

Becky