Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Basalt

I worked at the client’s all day today, so I don’t know if the pinyon jays came back or not. There was no seed in the big feeder when I got home though, so we know someone was here. The squirrel in the yard is looking a little chubby. Grackles and red-winged blackbirds are around too. They can suck up a lot of seed.

Judy wasn’t here to watch the feeder either. She drove down to Louisville again for a City Council meeting for final approval of the minor subdivision we did to separate the two properties. I was wrong when I said before that we were done with the City. Turns out the Planning Commission doesn’t approve the subdivision, they just recommend to the City Council that they approve it. On the agenda for “pass on consent”. No reading or discussion unless someone asks a question. We had several people there in case anyone asked a question.

It passed without discussion. We’re done. We officially own two lots just like we always thought we did.