Friday, January 12, 2007

Texas

We returned to Texas with some trepidation. After all, there could be warrants out for my arrest, having not reported for jury duty as ordered. Judy, however will not go to jail. Her jury notice included a number to call if you couldn’t make it. Judy called and rescheduled her jury duty… to January. That worked so well, I decided to call the telephone number they gave Judy and reschedule mine too. No such luck. “I’m here in January, schedule me!” No can do. Without a current jury summons, I can’t be scheduled. I have to wait until I get another summons, call and reschedule that one. No penance allowed just because I happen to be in the state.

Meanwhile, when Judy called to reschedule hers, they told her the date to appear and said she’d receive a new summons in the mail. She is scheduled to appear on Tuesday, but still no notice. Think she should go without one?

Naa. No way they’d recognize her without a jury summons in her hand. We’ll just see what happens. After all, how bad could it be?