Thursday, January 4, 2007

Port a

Another monster storm. Lightning crashed all night. Wind and rain. Pouring rain. Last big storm, we had a problem with rain blowing up under one of the slides and getting the inside carpet wet, so this time we pulled the bedroom driver-side slide in when the storm first started. That worked. When the storm ended today, we put the slide back out. All dry inside.

Mid-day today, it wasn’t warm, but it was sunny and calm. I went for a run on the beach and discovered I’m a trendsetter. About a mile down the beach, a guy, obviously not from around here, looked up at me and said, “Am I glad to see you. I wanted to take my shirt off, but I didn’t want to be the only crazy guy on the beach.” and off came his shirt. Well, there you go: he got to be crazy guy number two.

Piping plover and snowy plover.