Sunday, November 5, 2006

Durango

We need a new bird. Still don’t have a new one since August. Four in July, one in August, none since. Late in the year we’re going to Arizona. We’ll get the Gilded Flicker when we’re in Tucson in December. Don’t have that one yet.

“Don’t have that one yet.” I say that rather casually, and can be misunderstood. I was having a conversation with a caretaker at a wildlife preserve a couple weeks ago, trying to get a lead on some rosy finches, when I realized my requests were being met with a cold stare. I stopped explaining long enough to let her vent about how that would be illegal if I went out and “got” any rosy finches. We weren’t allowed to do that. Good thing I did not casually refer to an interest in shooting a picture of one.

Relocated from Navajo Lake to Durango. A forty mile day. A walk on the Animas River path. A Bronco game. Tomorrow, back to work.

Good grandbaby news. Matt and Kari. Expecting in April.