Monday, June 5, 2006

Weekend upupdate

A week ago, it was Monday night, Memorial Day, we're in Colorado, and I'm ordered to appear for jury duty at 8am Tuesday morning, in Corpus Christi, Texas, or face the wrath of the court.


I called and called, but they are not set up to receive phone called excuses. In fact, all their recorded messages as well as their website state that rescheduling is not allowed and there are no excuses.



So I wrote them a letter. I apologized for not being there. I explained why I wasn't there. I told them I would be there in January. I volunteered to reschedule and come in sooner if they wanted, and could get reasonable notice to me. I even gave them my phone number! (actually, I gave them Judy's phone number)



Seems like a fair response to me. What are the chances they could get that letter and be angry with me. I'd say about zero. I mean, it's not like they're going to issue a bench warrant or anything..... is it?