Sunday, June 4, 2006

Texas bluebonnets

Connie weighs in.....

Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 7:24 AM
To: Steve Taylor
Subject: Re: FW: texas bluebonnets

Well here is another opinion -- as a gal born it Texas, I can say that your flower is not a bluebonnet. They are lots smaller than yours, more compact, and does have white. The bluebonnet is from the lupine family. The one from your cmapground could be a lupine but when I enlarged the pic the bloom looked a little different. I thought maybe harebell - but I don't think so. I saw a delphinium at Home Depot the other day and it looked suspiciously like yours. Still no definite from this end except -- not a bluebonnet.


Connie



-------------- Original message --------------
From: "Steve Taylor" <spt@thetaylorcompany.net>

The most popular guess for the flowers has been Texas Bluebonnets. That's pretty good, but I looked up Texas Bluebonnets on the internet, and they are shown to have a characteristic white stalk in the middle.

I don't see any white stalk in the middle of the Steamboat flowers.