Sunday, March 19, 2006

Clinic

Funny thing, that trip to the clinic. I’ve had this background burning pain in my bladder the last couple days that worked its way to the foreground. Bladder infection? Something going on, thought I’d better get it checked. Totally asymptomatic, except for that burning, not while I pee, but before and after. Feels like I have to pee, even when I’ve just finished.

The clinic doctor couldn’t figure it out. No bladder infection. Might be some kind of urinary tract infection, but didn’t present properly for that. Blood in the urine. Might have something to do with my enlarged prostate. She told me to take antibiotics if I got a fever and to go back to my doctor to get my prostate checked again.

Aha! Took a while to connect, but, there it is. Blood in the urine. Uneasy bladder. Been there. It has been fifteen years, but been there. Kidney stone. That’s what this feels like! Blood in the urine. Vague pain. Here it comes.

Nothing serious. Serious pain, but not like having some debilitating disease. Most likely resolution, I’ll suddenly be overcome with pain, Judy will rush me to the hospital, they will give me morphine and squeeze as much fluid through me as fast as they can until the stone passes. Last time, they didn’t even have to check me in. They flushed it through, then sent me home to sleep off the rest of the morphine. Shouldn’t take more than a couple days from whenever it starts, really starts. Maybe in an hour, or a day, or a month…..