Saturday, November 19, 2005

Golden


Another job done.... almost done. It wasn't a big job, but three days
wasn't quite enough. Time has run out though. Time to leave Woodland Park
and head for Denver. A wedding to attend. Our old friend Johnny Seethaler
(Bowman). A good time was had by all. We got to catch up with his Mom,
Mimi. Her quote of the night was: "I've known you two almost as long as
I've known Johnny." Got to meet some of his relatives we hadn't met before.

Next week we were scheduled for Las Vegas, New Mexico, but that job has been
delayed, so I'll get to devote the extra time needed to finish the Woodland
Park job.

We left the RV Park in Woodland Park. Drove a loop down through the
campground to get us lined up properly to make it up the slippery hill. We
did make it, and I'll bet if I had two more tries at that trap, I'd clean
it. I made it through with one dab. The snow got deep at the bottom turn
through the forest and we started to wallow and stall. As I was working to
keep it afloat, we took a tree trunk amidships. Did some damage to the
bodywork. That pretty much sucks, but there are people who fix things like
that, so we'll get it taken care of in a few weeks and eliminate the
evidence.